Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Organization: Hallway storage


Pin It

Nothing like a little storage to brighten up my day! It's no news to anyone that things have a constant (annoying) tendency to pile up everywhere in the house. You turn around and there are tons of stuff on the kitchen counter, on the coffee table, in the entryway and basically on every chair in the house. But in a small home like mine, there is one rule: Edit, edit, edit! And put stuff away. Use the height on the walls. Improvise.






As I was wondering around my favorite supermarket, I spotted these cardboard storage units in the school supplies department. I just bought them because they were... well... extra-cheap! But when I assembled them back home, I saw great potential in them. Cardboard can be extremely sturdy. No wonder that they make furniture out of it! Anyway, I just installed the four units on the hallway wall and threw a bunch of accessories in earthy colors. After all, it's gonna be Fall soon enough :((





Actually, I like this Burberry style catch-all. Who new that all my wondering stuff could fit in there? Scarves, keys, chargers (I hate you, little friends with endless electrical cords), instant glue, cloths and stray pens, you've got a new home now!

11 comments:

  1. What an attractive way to organize stuff! Leave it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! and love that picture!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mariela, the boots were shot by a talented colleague of mine, Vili (http://mouton2002.blogspot.com/)

      Delete
  3. You have such a great taste in home decor! i love and how you can give everything such a "put-together" look...it looks lovely! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andrea, your words are honey to my ears :)

      Delete
  4. the burberry style was the first thing i saw! love the idea of using something like that! it looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the visit, Andie, it was a great find and I use it every day.

      Delete
  5. Oh I just love little drawers just waiting to be filled up. Know what you mean about tons of stuff.... I've been in my TINY house for over 30 years so you can just imagine the stuff! Your new little stuff home is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann, you should believe me that the drawers are ALL filled with stuff already :)))

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...